There are hundreds of dog breeds, but finding the right one for you and your family needs careful consideration. When you are thinking about getting a dog, ask yourself the following questions, and spend some time investigating the answers this will help you find a dog that fit best with your family and lifestyle.
- How much space will the dog need as a puppy as an adult?
- Where will the dog live?
- What size is your garden?
- Are there young children in your family?
- What amount of time can you dedicate to exercising your dog every day?
- Do you want a dog with lots of energy or one that has a lower activity level?
- Are there other pets in your home?
- How much can you afford to spend looking after your dog? Remember food, grooming and vet bills can add up, so think about how you will pay for the day-to-day care of your new dog
For assistance in answering any of these questions, or if you are looking for guidance on choosing the right dog, drop into your local Petmania and speak with one of our pet care advisors.
Popular Dog Breeds
Find out more about some of Ireland's most popular breeds of dog.