Competition Rules & Regulations
Petmania Puppy of the Year 2016
- The promoter of this competition is Petmania (part of O’Keeffe’s of Kilkenny LTD) based at Support Offices, Unit 12, Kilkenny Retail Park, Smithlands, Kilkenny City. The competition is being run in association with Hill’s Pet Nutrition (A Colgate-Palmolive Company) Buildings 5, Hatters Lane, Croxley Green Business Park, Watford, Herts, WD18 8YL, UK but Petmania are deemed as ‘the promoter’.
- The competition is open to owners of dogs less than 12 months as of Saturday 2nd April 2016.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- To enter the competition, puppy owners must complete an in-store application form and get their puppy’s photo taken in-store. Photographs not taken in-store will not qualify for entry.
- The opening date for receipt of entries is Saturday 2nd April 2016.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is Sunday 24th April 2016.
- All owners who enter the competition will receive a complementary Hills Puppy Starter Kit, a Guide to Caring for Their Puppy, and a selection of discount vouchers redeemable in-store at Petmania.
- By entering the competition the puppy owner is giving permission to use the image of their puppy in the promotion and running of this competition.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for alternatives or cash.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition will consist of three rounds:
Round 1 of the competition will consist of a public vote. The five puppies in each store heat who receive the most votes will qualify to enter into Round 2 (60 Puppies). Please see notes below regarding public votes.
Round 2 of the competition will consist of a public vote to determine the competition finalists. One finalist from each store heat will be selected at Round 2 (12 Puppies). The puppy at each store which receives the most votes will qualify as a finalist. Please see notes below regarding public votes.
Round 3 / Final. The 12 finalists qualifying from Round 2 will be invited to take part in a dog-show on Saturday 28th May 2016 at Petmania Navan, Navan Retail Park, Athboy Road, Navan, Co. Meath. Puppies will be judged on the following criteria: Special Talents; Personality; Coat & Appearance; Obedience. The judges decision is final. Only puppies and their owners who are present on the day will be considered for the overall prize. Finalists are expected to travel to the final at their own expense.
- Petmania accepts no responsibility for any entries not received, or for undelivered or delayed entries which were unable to be submitted or received due to technical failure or any other reason beyond its control. No responsibility will be accepted by Petmania for failed, partial or garbled computer transmission, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet, accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act.
- Petmania reserves the right to vary, cancel or modify the competition and or the terms and conditions at any time and for whatever reason and/or amend or withdraw the competition (and/or any related prize) in whole or in part at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. Petmania is also entitled to vary the prize(s) if, due to unforeseen circumstance it becomes impossible to provide the prizes as described or in its opinion, it would be inappropriate in any way. In that event, a prize of equal value will be offered. In all respects, Petmania’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of Petmania’s decision.
- Petmania takes your privacy and personal information seriously. Only those entrants who have opted in to receive future email or SMS correspondence may be contacted in the future.
- Contact details of voters will not be used for any future marketing purposes and has been solely requested to avoid multiple voting etc.
Voting will be available in-store and online www.petmania.ie/vote2016 and www.facebook.com/petmaniaireland.
- In-store voting: In-store ballot form must be completed to register a vote. Only one vote is allowed per voter per day of voting. In-store voting is available for the entries at that store heat only. (ie. You cannot vote at Petmania Tralee for a puppy entered in the competition at Petmania Waterford etc.)
- Online Voting: Online voting will be available via www.petmania.ie/vote2016 and www.facebook.com/petmaniaireland.
Any attempts to manipulate the voting system, as perceived by the organisers to be malicious, unfair or in breach of the voting rules will lead to disqualification of the puppy in question from the competition, and may lead to the forfeit of any prizes or discounts obtained during the course of the competition.
- In order to register a vote online, voters must log-in using their Facebook profile, or create a voting account within the voting portal.
- User profiles will be used solely for the purpose of validating votes and will not be stored after the end of the competition.
- Online voters will be allowed to cast one vote per store heat, per day of the voting.
- Online voting system is operated by WizeHive.com. Full details of the WizeHive.com’s data security can be found at http://www.wizehive.com/security