Petmania Puppy of the Year 2021
By entering the Petmania Puppy of the Year Competition, you are accepting the terms and conditions of the competition as outlined below.
Petmania Puppy of the Year 2021 Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Petmania (part of O’Keeffe’s of Kilkenny LTD) based at Support Offices, Unit 12, Kilkenny Retail Park, Smithlands, Kilkenny City. The competition is being run in association with Nestlé Purina PetCare, 3030 Lakedrive, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, D24 KX6Y but Petmania are deemed as ‘the promoter’.
- The competition is open to dogs less than 12 months as of Monday 30th August 2021, and their owners, who are resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- To enter the competition, puppy owners must visit petmania.ie, choose their local Petmania store, complete the entry form and upload a photograph of their puppy
- Entrants must own the copyright on all photographs submitted
- By entering the competition the puppy owner is giving the promoter permission to use the image of their puppy in the promotion and running of this competition.
- The opening date for receipt of entries is Monday 30th August 2021
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 19th September 2021
- All owners who enter the competition will receive a Puppy Gift Pack from BETA Dog Food, which will be available for collection at their nominated local store until 31st October 2021, subject to availability. Unclaimed gift packs will be donated to charity.
- Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for alternatives or cash.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Petmania accepts no responsibility for any entries not received, or for undelivered or delayed entries which were unable to be submitted or received due to technical failure or any other reason beyond its control. No responsibility will be accepted by Petmania for failed, partial or garbled computer transmission, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet, accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act.
- Petmania reserves the right to vary, cancel or modify the competition and or the terms and conditions at any time and for whatever reason and/or amend or withdraw the competition (and/or any related prize) in whole or in part at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. Petmania is also entitled to vary the prize(s) if, due to unforeseen circumstance it becomes impossible to provide the prizes as described or in its opinion, it would be inappropriate in any way. In that event, a prize of equal value will be offered. In all respects, Petmania’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of Petmania’s decision.
- Contact details of voters will not be used for any future marketing purposes, unless explicated requested, and has been solely requested to avoid multiple voting etc. Any recorded voter information will be removed from our records permanently following the end of the competition, unless that voter has opted in to be added to Petmania’s email database for the purpose of receiving marketing notifications.
- Entry is not open to employees for Petmania or Nestle Purina PetCare, or their immediate families (Parents, Siblings, Children, Spouse).
- Any entries found to be invalid or in breach of competition rules, will be disqualified and entrants may be asked to forfeit any prizes given.
- The competition will consist of three rounds:
Round 1 of the competition will consist of a public vote. The five puppies in each store heat who receive the most votes will qualify to enter into Round 2 (Total 70 Puppies). Each store will also select a Wildcard entry to go forward to Round 2 (Total 14 Puppies).
Round 2 of the competition will consist of a public vote to determine the competition finalists. One finalist from each store heat will be selected at Round 2. The puppy at each store which receives the most votes will qualify as a finalist (Total 14 Puppies). Please see notes below regarding public votes.
Round 3 / Final. The 14 finalists qualifying from Round 2 will be invited to take part in a competition final in Kilkenny between the 29th and 31st October 2021, subject to the pertaining COVID restrictions in place at the time. In the event that a live final cannot take place, finalists will be invited to submit additional information in digital format, that display their puppy’s Special Talents; Personality; Coat & Appearance and Obedience, for final judging.
The entrant must own the copyright on all photographs or video content submitted at this stage. By submitting this information, the puppy owner is giving the promoter permission to use the image of their puppy in the promotion and running of this competition.
A Judging panel will review all entrants an overall winner, first place runner-up and second place runner-up will be chosen. The Judges decision is final.
Only puppies whose final entry information has been received will be considered for the overall prize.
Public Voting: Voting will be available as follows:
- In-store Voting: Customers at Petmania stores can vote once per day for the duration of voting. Voting cards are available in-store.
- Online Voting: Online voting will be available via petmania.ie.
- In order to register a vote online, voters must register their email address and complete a CAPTCHA.
- Voter details will not be stored after the competition, unless that voter has requested to be added to Petmania’s Marketing Database
- Online voters will be allowed to cast one vote per store heat, per day of the voting.
- The online voting system is operated by Woobox.com. Full details of the Woobox.com’s data security can be found at https://woobox.com/privacy
- Any attempts to manipulate the voting system, as perceived by the organisers to be malicious, unfair or in breach of the voting rules will lead to disqualification of the puppy in question from the competition, and may lead to the forfeit of any prizes or discounts obtained during the course of the competition.