Ready, Steady, WOOF!Emma Doheny
Feb 23, 2012
Ready, Steady… Woof!
Registration for the Petmania National Dog Walk 2012 is now open!
“Woof Woof!” – so says Charlie who’s already looking forward to the Petmania National Dog Walk 2012!
Now in its third year, the 5KM sponsored dog walk will take place at 11 locations nationwide with 1000’s of dogs taking to the streets for the Carers Association on Easter Monday.
Barking about last year’s event on Petmania’s Facebook page, Brandy says “It was a ruff-tastic day” While Izzy commented that the 5KM sponsored walk “was a howl!”. With family fun being very much on the agenda, it’s no surprise that Charlie and his friends are already in training for the Petmania National Dog Walk 2012.
And why wouldn’t they be? With fantastic walker rewards available for every dog with everything from shopping vouchers, discounted pet insurance, free dog food and even a holiday up for grabs for every dog that reaches their sponsorship targets, the walk that’s not a race still has plenty for those dogs that enjoy a challenge in their daily exercise routine!
Registration is now open at www.nationaldogwalk.ie and at Petmania stores nationwide, and costs just €5 for and dog and his owner or €10 for a dog and his family (up to 4 people).
The Petmania National Dog Walk is a fundraising event in aid of the Carers Association with all money raised by the event going to supporting the counselling, respite and training services available to family carers from the Carers Association. To date the event has raised almost €100,000 for the charity, and this year it is hoped to bring that number up to €161,000 – representing €1 for every family carer in Ireland.
To encourage dogs and their owners to raise sponsorship, the following walker rewards for each sponsorship target that they reach, which adds up to €575 worth of rewards if the top number is exceeded.
- Raising €50 will help keep the phones answered at the National Care Line 1800 24 07 24 – walkers that reach this amount will receive a €10 Petmania Store Voucher
- Raising €120 will help prevent carer-burnout by providing in-home respite care – Walkers that reach this amount can add 10% off Allianz Pet Insurance to their walker rewards
- Raising €200 will help keep local out-reach centres operating – Walkers that reach this amount can add a free breed specific bag of Royal Canin dog Food to their rewards (worth up to €74.99)
- Raising €400 will help provide essential practical training to family carers. – Walkers that reach €400 can add a €40 Dog Grooming Voucher for Petmania Grooming Studios
- Raising €800 will help essential advocacy and research work aimed at providing family carers with a better quality of life. Reaching this top target, in addition to all the other rewards, walkers will receive a fabulous 2NB&B+1D Break for two people + dog at Harvey’s Point Hotel in Donegal worth €400.