What are Cookies?
Cookies are small encrypted text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device by our website. These files are accessed by our website each time you make a return visit or navigate between pages on the site.There are number of different types of cookies in operation on the site, each of which has a separate function. At no time do cookies on this site collect or store your personal information.
Types of Cookies Explained
- Operational & Functional Cookies: These cookies are essential in order to browse our website and use the features within it. These operational cookies use technical data, without which the site will not operate correctly and are designed to make your browsing of our site easier.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies help us to improve your user experience by showing us how our visitors use our site. This then allows us to make the necessary changes to allow you to navigate the site more efficiently. These cookies do not identify you individually but track statistics of total user activity.
- Targeting/Advertising Cookies: These allow you to receive targeted advertisements based on your interests and the information that you have accessed via our site. These cookies also limit the number of times advertisements are shown to you. Advertisements may be shown using the Google search and display network. If you wish to disable this functionality from Google on your device, please visit http://www.google.com/settings/ads.
- Third Party Cookies: If you visit a page that contains embedded content, for example from YouTube, Facebook or Twitter, you may be sent cookies from these websites. We do not control the setting of these cookies, so recommend you check these third-party websites for more information about their cookies and how to manage them.
Can I Disable Cookies?
If you don’t want to receive cookies, you can modify your browser settings; the Help function within your browser explains how to change these settings. You can also visit www.aboutcookies.org, which contains comprehensive information on how to manage cookies on a wide variety of desktop browsers.
You can delete the cookies stored on your device or alternatively you can change your privacy settings on your browser via the following links.
- Open the ‘Menu’ (icon) on the toolbar
- Choose ‘Settings’
- Open ‘Advanced Settings’
- Go to the ‘Privacy’ section and click on ‘Content Settings’
- In the ‘Cookies’ section, you can choose how cookies are used when you browse using Chrome
- Open the ‘Edit’ menu
- Choose ‘Preferences’
- Open ‘Privacy & Security’
- Choose ‘Cookies’
- Open the ‘Tools’ menu
- Select ‘Internet Options’
- Open the ‘Security’ tab
- Choose the ‘Internet’ zone
- Identify the security level ‘High’ for this zone
- Click ‘OK’