Shop Hamster Food
If you’ve recently brought home a new pet hamster, you are probably wondering what it is they like to eat. Hamsters are omnivores, meaning they like both plant and animal based foods. There are a variety of foods you can choose to feed your hamster, but some foods are better than others.
The ideal hamster diet will consist of…
- Hamster Pellets: Hamster pellets provide a completely balanced diet and are often recommended for this reason.
- Vegetables: Your hamster will enjoy a fresh supply of organically grown greens like romaine lettuce, spinach carrot tops, artichokes, broccoli spears and cabbage,
- Fruit: Hamsters love fresh fruit like apples, pears, peaches, melon and bananas. Remember to only give in moderation as a supplement to their usual diet.
- Occasional invertebrates: When fed in moderation, mealworms are a great and nutritious addition to your hamsters diet.
- Hay: Fresh and suitable hay such as timothy hay is a great gnawing food that can help ensure your hamster’s teeth are kept in good condition.
- Water: Make sure your hamster always has access to clean, fresh, water that is changed daily. Bottle water dispensers work very well for hamsters
Small animals make wonderful pets for adults and children alike. Check out our Small Pet Advice Centre with veterinarian and small pet expert Dogtor Bob to find out everything you need to know.
If you have a question about your pet’s health, diet or overall wellbeing, please do get in touch and we’ll be happy to assist you.