Petmania Puppy of the Year 2023
By entering the Petmania Puppy of the Year Competition, you are accepting the terms and conditions of the competition as outlined below.
Petmania Puppy of the Year 2023 Terms & Conditions
- The promoter of this competition is Petmania (part of O’Keeffe’s of Kilkenny LTD) based at Support Offices, Unit 12, Kilkenny Retail Park, Smithlands, Kilkenny City. The competition is being run in association with Nestlé Purina PetCare, 3030 Lakedrive, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, D24 KX6Y but Petmania are deemed as ‘the promoter’.
- The competition is open to dogs less than 12 months as of Thursday 4th September 2023, and their owners, who are resident in the Republic of Ireland.
- There is no purchase necessary to enter the competition.
- To enter the competition, puppy owners must visit petmania.ie/poty, choose their local Petmania store, complete the entry form and upload a photograph of their puppy
- Entrants must own the copyright on all photographs submitted
- By entering the competition, the puppy owner is giving the promoter permission to use the image of their puppy in the promotion and running of this competition.
- The opening date for receipt of entries is Thursday 4th September 2023
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 24th September 2023
- Prizes to Be Won
1 x OVERALL WINNER WILL RECEIVE:
- 1 x 12 Month Care Plan from Petmania Grooming Studios
- 12 x Months Food from Beta
- 2-Night Staycation for the winning puppy and their two favourite humans from Ireland’s Blue Book Hotels
- Professional Photoshoot
- Winner’s Rosette
- Become an official Brand Ambassador for Petmania for 12 months from November 2023 – October 2024
16 x FINALISTS WILL RECEIVE:
- 1 x Signature Beauty Package at Petmania Grooming Studios
- 12kg Food from BETA
- Finalist’s Rosette
- Dog Bed
96 x HEAT QUALIFIERS WILL RECEIVE:
- 1 x 2kg BETA Puppy Food
- Qualifier Rosette
EVERY ENTRANT WILL RECEIVE:
- Puppy Gift Pack from BETA Dog Food
- Membership to the Petmania Puppy Club
- Access to Exclusive Discounts
- All owners who enter the competition will receive a Puppy Gift Pack from BETA Dog Food, which will be available for collection at their nominated local store until 29th October 2023, subject to availability. Unclaimed gift packs will be donated to charity.
- All Prizes are non-transferable and cannot be exchanged for alternatives or cash.
- The overall winner will become an official brand ambassador for Petmania for a period of 12 months, the details of which will be outlined with the winner’s owner via a contract of agreement.
- The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any entries not received, or for undelivered or delayed entries which were unable to be submitted or received due to technical failure or any other reason beyond its control. No responsibility will be accepted by Petmania for failed, partial or garbled computer transmission, for any computer, telephone, cable, network, electronic or internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, for the acts or omissions of any service provider, internet, accessibility or availability or for traffic congestion or unauthorised human act.
- The Promoter reserves the right to vary, cancel or modify the competition and or the terms and conditions at any time and for whatever reason and/or amend or withdraw the competition (and/or any related prize) in whole or in part at any time due to unforeseen circumstances. The Promoter is also entitled to vary the prize(s) if, due to unforeseen circumstance it becomes impossible to provide the prizes as described or in its opinion, it would be inappropriate in any way. In that event, a prize of equal value will be offered. In all respects, The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into in respect of this decision.
- Contact details of voters will not be used for any future marketing purposes, unless explicated requested, and has been solely requested to avoid multiple voting etc. Any recorded voter information will be removed from our records permanently following the end of the competition, unless that voter has opted in to be added to The Promoter’s email database for the purpose of receiving marketing notifications.
- Entry is not open to employees for Petmania or Nestle Purina PetCare, or their immediate families (Parents, Siblings, Children, Spouse).
- Any entries found to be invalid or in breach of competition rules, will be disqualified and entrants may be asked to forfeit any prizes given.
- It is the entrants responsibility to ensure that the correct form of media is submitted. Videos that are submitted will be screenshotted and this image may replace the original file
- The competition will consist of three rounds:
Round 1 of the competition will consist of a public vote. The five puppies in each store heat who receive the most votes will qualify to enter into Round 2 (Total 80 Puppies). Each store will also select a Wildcard entry to go forward to Round 2 (Total 16 Puppies). Please see notes below regarding public votes.
Round 2 of the competition will consist of a public vote to determine the competition finalists. One finalist from each store heat will be selected at Round 2. The puppy at each store which receives the most votes will qualify as a finalist (Total 16 Puppies). Please see notes below regarding public votes.
Round 3 / Final. The 16 finalists qualifying from Round 2 will be invited to take part in a competition final on Saturday 28th October 2023 (Location TBD). In the event that qualifying finalist is unable to attend the final, their place, and any associated prizes, will be forfeited to the puppy from their heat which has the next highest number of votes.
In the event that Government COVID Guidelines restrict public events at the time of the final, The Promoter reserves that right to postpone the date of the event, or adjust the requirements of the final to a digital competition.
Public Voting: Voting will be available as follows:
- In-store Voting: Customers at Petmania stores can vote once per day for the duration of voting, for their favourite puppy representing that store. Voting cards will be available in-store. For example: voters in Petmania Tralee can vote for entrants in the Tralee store, but will not be able to vote in store for puppies in any other store.
- Online Voting: Online voting will be available via www.petmania.ie/poty.
- In order to register a vote online, voters must register their email address and complete a CAPTCHA.
- Voter details will not be stored after the competition, unless that voter has requested to be added to Petmania’s Marketing Database
- Online voters will be allowed to cast one vote per store heat, in any 24 hours during each round of the voting. Ie: if you cast your first vote at 6pm, you will not be able to vote again until 6pm the following day.
- The online voting system is operated by Woobox.com. Full details of the Woobox.com’s data security can be found at https://woobox.com/privacy
- Any attempts to manipulate the voting system, as perceived by the organisers to be malicious, unfair or in breach of the voting rules will lead to disqualification of the puppy in question from the competition, and may lead to the forfeit of any prizes or discounts obtained during the course of the competition.